Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Growing Pains



Claire graduated to three-month old clothes today. It’s a moment to celebrate. Oh my, how she’s grown! She is so strong, thriving. It’s simple; that’s what babies do. But when I go to the dresser to clear space for the newest round of clothes, I realize it’s not so simple. Instead of a practical chore, I find a mix of emotion. As I pull the polka-dotted, hot-pink Onesie out of the drawer, I uncover regret that she never wore it. The white one with the sweet flowers that Veronica gave us goes in the bag for donation. I am sad she will never wear it again. Another…"Oh, she wore this when we took her to Aunt Molly’s pool for the first time! Should I keep it?” An early momento. I discover that her growth contains a letting go within it. That quickly! She’s only two months old and we are learning to let go! Oh my, how she’s grown...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...